AnimatorX
You cannot join in the fun until you register! so register now!
Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Animat10
AnimatorX
You cannot join in the fun until you register! so register now!
Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Animat10
AnimatorX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchPortalRegisterLog in

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1

Go down 
4 posters

Was This Tutorial Helpfull?
Yes
Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Empty60%Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Empty
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Empty40%Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Empty
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
SiriX23
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
SiriX23

Creditz : 1057
Warnings :
Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1   Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Ok I've been thinking a bit and decided to make a gunshot tutorial in flash.
I'm allso considering making the gunshot to a sprite for thoose with pivot.
Ok hope you will learn something today! Smile

1 Start up youre flash software and create a new file.

2 For best effect set background to black and choose what work size you want i'm using 550 width and 300 height.

3 Create youre layers, I recommend 3 layers in this order: Gun, Muzzle Flash and Shot (Gun in the bottom layer)

4 Choose a gun of youre choose and put it where you want it to be.
Allso make sure thats its on the "Gun" layer.

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 1262206685

5 The picture above is the end of frame one, Move on and make a new keyframe for all of you're layers.

6 Ok so frame one was just the set-up frame now on frame two we will make the actual effect.
select the gun and move it a tiny bit back for the recoil.
I'm moving it back around 6 - 10 pixels, The recoil in reality isnt as big as you might think.
I recommend that you mark it then tap youre left arrow key about 8 times or something.

7 (Still in frame two) Now go to you're layer called "Muzzle Flash" wich should be youre middle layer.
This layer will be the base of our Muzzle Flash. The Flash will be very broad and blurry without any sharp edges.
Take an very light-yellow colour almost white and make a figure similar to the one below. (Brush tool recommended)
Focus on not making the flash too big or too small compared to the gun.

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 1262207722

8 Once youre happy with the shape we are going to make it more realistic and cool by adding some blur.
Start of by converting the Muzzle Flash to a Movie Clip.
If you're not shoure how to do it just press on the flash then right click and select convert to symbol - movie clip.

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 1262208122

9 After it's a movie clip, select it on the stage and give it a nice Blur Filter.
View the image below to see how and what parameters.

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 1262208375

10 We're now finished with the Muzzle Flash layer for Frame 2. Now we'll work on the layer named Shot.
Select the layer, this will be the main gunshot flash. It will be a lot more defined and clearer in shape than the muzzle flash layer.
Take your brush tool, and with a much thinner brush and a light orange color, draw some flash. Repeat with more orange, red, white, yellow colors until you have a result similar to the one below.

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 1262208774

11 After you are done with drawing the darker parts of this burst-like flash, take the color white, and color the inside base part of the flash, as this is the most intense part of the burst. Continue when you have something like below

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 1262209375

12 Alright, we are finally getting somewhere with this! It's starting to look better, but there are still some more things. We are going to blur this burst flash, so make sure you're on the Shot layer and select the burst flash we just drew. Pretty much everything except the muzzle flash and the gun. Convert it to a movie clip named shot_flash

13 Select the shot_flash movie clip we just made, and give it a blur. I've used the below parameters, but use your own personal judgement. Do not blur this as much as the muzzle flash layer.

Thats all for part 1!

Last edited by SiriX23 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
|PP| Wipster179
Administrator
Administrator
|PP| Wipster179

Creditz : 854
Warnings :
Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1   Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:05 pm

looks nice siri, good tutorial, you have clear instructions Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.animatorx.org
|PP| Acton70
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
|PP| Acton70

Creditz : 400
Warnings :
Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Left_bar_bleue5 / 105 / 10Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1   Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:35 am

Cool, The outcome looks really cool. When i download flash again ill use this tutorial.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ofrozenviper
|PP| ownagemokid
Board Senior Member
Board Senior Member
|PP| ownagemokid

Creditz : 200
Warnings :
Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1   Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:26 pm

woah ur awesome Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1   Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Flash GunShot Tutorial - Part 1
Page 1 of 1